On this educational page, We please to keep you inform about Wits University applications, Courses, Undergraduate Programmes, Fees, Online Applications, Requirements, Accommodation and Qualifications which are available on This Educative page.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND
University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and its commitment to social justice in Africa and beyond. Wits University is taking the lead in re-imagining trendy Braamfontein to further our contribution to delivering high-level scarce skills for the global knowledge economy.
WITS UNIVERSITY LOCATION
The University of the Witwatersrand, more commonly known as Wits University, is a multi-campus South African public research university situated in the northern areas of central Johannesburg.
The University has five faculties encompassing the Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Engineering, Health Sciences and Humanities with 33 schools offering over 3000 courses.
WITS UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION STEPS
You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
For more Information about WITS UNIVERSITY online Application and Application Fee, Click Here Wits University Online Application | Online Application Fee
Step 1: Get your application form. Students are encouraged to apply online.
Both postgraduates and undergraduates can apply online, using the same application portal.
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form.
The University of Witwatersrand offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Health Sciences
Find more information on Wits’ faculties here.
WITS UNIVERSITY ACCOMMODATION FORM
How to apply for accommodation in a WITS residence
If you wish to apply for residence, please take note of the following:
New Undergraduate students accommodation Wits University
- NB: The closing date for all applications is 30 September each year. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Before you are admitted to a residence, you will be required to pay R10000 of your residence fees for the year.
- International students are required to pay 75% of their residence fees.
- NSFAS students must have a provisional or firm acceptance before being admitted into a residence.
- Bursary students must provide proof of their bursary upon registration.
- To apply for residence click here.
For More Information About Wits University Accommodation Click Here: Wits University Accommodation
UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND (WITS UNIVERSITY) COURSES | FACULTIES
Wits has five faculties, made up of of 33 schools, offering 3416 courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.See the information below for an overview of each faculty and undergraduate degrees. Use the side navigation or in this section tab to access a comprehensive list of our degrees and major subject options.Undecided?
If you haven’t decided on a course of study or your future career, try our interactive career planner, or consider making an appointment with Wits’ Counselling and Careers Development Unit (CCDU). The Unit offers programmes designed for grade 11 and 12 students, tertiary students, and even adults wanting to make mid-career changes.
- WITS FACULTY OF COMMERCE, LAW AND MANAGEMENT
The Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management offers world-class educational programmes that equip future leaders with business, management, and legal skills, while supporting your professional development.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate qualifications through the:
- School of Accountancy
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Business Sciences
- School of Law
- Wits Plus Centre for Part-Time Studies
Our programmes include the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with flexible major combinations, and more specialised degrees, like:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Law
- Two-year stream
- Three-year stream
- Four-year stream
- Bachelor of Accounting Science
- Bachelor of Economic Science
- WITS FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
Degrees offered through the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment address South Africa’s social, spatial, and infra-structural needs, and include architecture, urban and regional planning, property studies, and construction studies.
This Faculty comprises seven Schools:
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics and Management
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
We offer a range of undergraduate programmes, including:
- Engineering, in a range of fields
- Biomedical Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Digital Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Property Studies
- Construction Studies
- WITS UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The Faculty of Health Sciences pioneers African and global research that improves and saves lives. Join a community of achievers and help to shape the future.
The Bachelor of Health Sciences offers three fields of study: Biokinetics, Biomedical Sciences, and Health Systems Sciences.
Degrees are offered in:
- Clinical Medical Practice
- Occupational Therapy
You will receive academic and practical training at five major hospitals in Johannesburg, at several clinics and rural hospitals in Gauteng, and at the Donald Gordon Medical Centre, which also assists clinicians with all aspects of their clinical research.
More than 500 students graduate from our faculty every year.
- WITS UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
The Faculty of Humanities is among Africa’s leading centres of study in the Arts, Social Sciences, Human and Community Development, Education and Literature, and Media.
Choose between vocationally oriented programmes for specific careers, and theory and research-oriented programmes for careers in academia and research institutes, the public and private sectors, and non-governmental organisations.
Three schools in the Faculty of Humanities offer professional (vocational) programmes
- Wits School of Arts (WSoA): Digital Arts; Theatre and Performance; Film and Television; Fine Arts and Music
- Wits School of Education (WSoE): Foundation Phase Teaching; Intermediate Phase Teaching; Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching
- School of Human and Community Development (SHCD): Speech-Language Pathology; Audiology; Social Work
- WITS UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF SCIENCE
The Faculty of Science has a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research. Studying science opens doors to careers in fields like medical research, chemistry, computer science and biotechnology.
There are nine Schools in the Faculty, clustered into four groupings:
- Mathematical Sciences: Actuarial Sciences; Computational and Applied Mathematics; Computer Science; Mathematics; Mathematics of Finance; Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Science: Physical Science; Chemistry with Chemical Engineering; Material Science; Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Earth Sciences: Geography and Archaeology; Geospatial Science; Geological Science
- Biological Sciences: Biodiversity; Ecology and Conservation; Organismal Biology; Applied Bioinformatics; Biochemistry and Cell Biology; Genetics and Development Biology; Microbiology and Biotechnology
WITS UNIVERSITY PROSPECTUS (PDF DOWNLOAD)
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Prospectus can be downloaded and printed or accessed online below in PDF format below for free.
Note: You will, however, need a device that is capable of opening PDF files to access the prospectus. Follow the link below to download from the WITS University website.
Click here to download the WITS Prospectus (pdf).
WITS UNIVERSITY ENTRY | ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Which school-leaving qualification category do you fall into?
- The National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- Admission Requirements for International Qualifications
- The National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV)
For More Information About Wits University Entry & Admission Requirements Click Here: Wits University Entry Requirements
WITS NURSING – WITS UNIVERSITY NURSING APPLICATION
WITS UNIVERSITY CONTACT DETAILS | ADDRESS
University Corner, Corner Bertha (extension of Jan Smuts Avenue) and Jorissen Streets, Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
T:+27 11 717 1365 (Week-days) and +27 11 717 3158 (Weekends)
Wits Art Museum, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag 3, P O Wits, 2050
Don’t hesitate to follow & Like Us on Facebook, in order
to get Wits University’s latest information.
However, if you have any queries Regarding Wits University kindly leave a comment below and we shall provide you with the information you need As soon as possible.