University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Undergraduate Application, Entry & Admission Requirements
Here on this Page, We enlighten you about the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Under Graduate Requirements.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) UNDERGRADUATE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
1. National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate
1.1 Applicants to undergraduate degree programmes must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies (NSC-Deg) or a Senior Certificate with endorsement.
1.2 Applicants to undergraduate diploma programmes must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Diploma studies (NSC-Dip) or Senior Certificate.
2. Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction at UKZN is English, and UKZN requires a pass in English (Home Language or First Additional Language (FAL)) at Level 4 (50% or above) but note that the College of Law requires a pass in English Home Language at Level 5 or English as FAL on Level 6. For admission to Diplomas or Alternative Access programmes a lower performance in English may be acceptable. In the Senior Certificate, a pass for English at First or Second Language HG E is required.
3. Life Orientation
UKZN degree programmes require a pass in Life orientation at Level 4.
UKZN MINIMUM COMPOSITE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE SCORE
(NSC-Deg and Senior Certificate)
Each programme has determined a minimum composite Academic Performance Score required for admission to the programme. This is however the minimum score required for consideration and learners just meeting this minimum cannot be assured of admission. Applicants to programmes are ranked according to APS and selection is done from the top down until the number of places available in the specific programme is filled. Competition for places is high and it is unlikely that applicants not meeting the APS for a specific programme will be considered.
UKZN SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS AND LEVELS OF PERFORMANCE
In addition subject requirements and minimum Levels of performance in specific subjects are set for admission to UKZN programmes. Applicants who did not include the correct subjects in their NSC-Deg or who did not obtain the required level of performance in specific subjects required for admission to a programme, will not be considered.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the USAF/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
South African first time undergraduate applicants applying to UKZN must apply via CAO at www.cao.ac.za
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science
|B Sc Eng: Agricultural||H&P|
|B Sc Eng: Chemical||H&P|
|B Sc Eng: Civil||H&P|
|B Sc Eng: Computer||H&P|
|B Sc Eng: Electrical||H&P|
|B Sc Eng: Electronic||H&P|
|B Sc Eng: Mechanical||H&P|
|B Sc: Land Surveying||H|
|B Sc Eng: Extended Programme||H|
|B Sc: Property Development||H|
|B Agric (Agricultural Extensions and Rural Resource Management)||P (Cedara College)|
|B Agricultural Management||P|
|B Sc Agric||P|
|B Sc Agric: Agribusiness||P|
|B Sc Agric: Agricultural Economics||P|
|B Sc Agric: Agricultural Plant Sciences||P|
|B Sc Agric: Animal and Poultry Science||P|
|B Sc Agric: Plant Pathology||P|
|B Sc Agric: Soil Science||P|
|B Sc Stream LES (Life Earth Sciences)||P&W|
|B Sc Stream M (Mathematics)||P&W|
|B Sc Applied Chemistry||W|
|B Sc Biological Science||P&W|
|B Sc Chemistry and Chemical Technology||P|
|B Sc Computer Science and Information Technology||P&W|
|B Sc Crop and Horticultural Science||P|
|B Sc Dietetics||P|
|B Sc Environmental Science||P&W|
|B Sc Environmental Earth Science||P&W|
|B Sc Geological Science||W|
|B Sc Industrial and Applied Biotechnology||P|
|B Sc Marine Biology||W|
|B Sc 4 Augmented Programme||P&W|
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) EMAILS
For information regarding Applications please email:
For information regarding Academic Records please email the following emails:
For information regarding Syllabus please email:
For information on degree verification please email the following emails:
For information regarding Fees please email the following emails: