University Of Kwazulu-Natal (Ukzn) Application | Admission Requirements
On this Educatige Page, We enlighten you about University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Requirements, UKZN Application Requirements, UKZN PG Admission Requirements, UKZN Entry Requirements which are all available on Here.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an international applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the USAF/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making the application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
South African first-time undergraduate applicants applying to UKZN must apply via CAO at www.cao.ac.za
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) UNDERGRADUATE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
1. National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate
1.1 Applicants to undergraduate degree programmes must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies (NSC-Deg) or a Senior Certificate with endorsement.
1.2 Applicants to undergraduate diploma programmes must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Diploma studies (NSC-Dip) or Senior Certificate.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) POSTGRADUATE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
UKZN Postgraduate Diplomas (NQF 8)
UKZN POSTGRADUATE Requirements
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree OR
- Admission to the status of that degree in terms of Rule GR7 (a) OR
- Attained a level of competence as defined by rule GR7 (b)
- A School/College may prescribe further criteria for admission to study. Consult College Handbooks on www.ukzn.ac.za.
- Some Schools/College may accept an Advanced Diploma for entry into a Postgraduate Diploma if HEQF (Higher Education Qualification Framework) requirements are met.
- A minimum of at least two consecutive semesters. Except with permission of Senate all modules shall be completed at the University.
- The curriculum will contain advanced reflection, practice and research methods in the area of specialization and may include a sustained research project in accordance with College rules approved by Senate.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) INTERNATIONAL ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
International applicants are subject to a selection procedure based on academic merit and the number of spaces available. An applicant with non-South African school-leaving certificates must contact the South African Matriculation Board directly to determine if they qualify for admission to degree studies in South Africa. Please contact Tel: +27 87 138 3001 / 2 or +27 10 591 4401 or consult Applications@USAf.ac.za
International applicants may qualify for an exemption through AEB or Cambridge examinations if they have two A-levels (‘A’ – ‘E’) and three O-level passes (‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’) or equivalent. However, certain subject groupings are also required. It is not sufficient to pass O-levels only.
Please note that Colleges may have a subject, level, and minimum performance (in O and A levels) requirements for admission to their programs. Please ensure that you have your original documents available at registration and arrange for official translations where applicable.
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) APPLICATION ENQUIRIES
- Application enquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For College of Law and Management Studies enquiries CLICK HERE
- For College of Health Science enquiries CLICK HERE
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) CONTACT EMAILS
For information regarding Applications please email:
For information regarding Academic Records please email the following emails:
For information regarding Syllabus please email:
For information on degree verification please email the following emails:
For information regarding Fees please email the following emails: