University of Fort Hare (UFH) – www.ufh.ac.za
Here on this Educative Page, We gladly inform you about University of Fort Hare (UFH) –
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH)
The University of Fort Hare (UFH), established in 1916, is a public university located in Alice, Eastern Cape, South Africa. The university consists of two campuses, the main campus is Alice and the other campus is situated Bhisho.
The University of Fort Hare (UFH) is a public university in Alice, Eastern Cape, South Africa, and is South Africa’s leading institution in Agricultural Science.
The University of Fort Hare has five faculties: Education; Science & Agriculture; Social Sciences & Humanities; Management & Commerce; Law.
Step 1: Online Application is free whilst Manual Application is R120 and R500 for South African and International Students respectively. Please ensure that you submit all the neccessary attachments for your application to be valid.
Step 2: Submit your application forms and all the necessary documentation including the application fee before the closing date.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH) APPLICATION
Send via email:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FORMS via Email
- After completing filling the application form make sure you save your form using your name and surname e.g. SAM MHLANA
- Scan all your other documents (ID, RESULTS, PROOF OF PAYMENT OR ANY OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS) and make sure you also save these using your name and surname e.g. SAM MHLANA
- Once you have all your documents please email to email@example.com
- Make sure that your email address or cellphone number that you write in your application forms is working for us to contact you.
- You can submit your completed application forms by hand at any of our admissions Offices in Alice or East London Campuses:
University of Fort Hare Alice Campus
An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application; thereafter a letter of confirmation
The University of Fort Hare offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Health Sciences
- Management and Commerce
- Science and Agriculture
- Social Sciences and Humanities
UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH) UNDERGRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet the minimum requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
For more information on Undergraduate degree requirements please refer to the Study Guide.
- Declaration by Parent/Guardian for Minor Applicants must accompany all applications by prospective students under the age of 18.
UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH) POSTGRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The admission requirements for postgraduate study vary from one programme to another. You are advised to consult the Faculty directly in order to find out what is required for the course or degree that you want to take.
UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH) INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS UNDERGRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate. For more information regarding the evaluation of qualifications please visit the website of the Matriculation Board www.hesa.org.za. Declaration by Parent/Guardian for Minor Applicants must accompany all applications by leaners under the age of 18.
UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH) INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS POSTGRADUATE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All applicants with non-South African qualifications are required to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). For more information regarding the evaluation of qualifications please visit the SAQA website www.saqa.org.za.It is the responsibility of the prospective student to forward his/her documentation to SAQA.
UNIVERSITY OF FORT HARE (UFH) CONTACT DETAILS
1 King Williamstown Rd
Tel:040 602 2011
East London Campus
50 Church Street
Tel:043 704 7000
50 Independence Avenue
Tel:040 608 3403