NSFAS Online Application Requirements for 2023/2024 | Document needed to Apply for NSFAS 2023
We pleased to keep you informed about NSFAS Application Requirements for 2023 Applicants, Contact Details, Documents Needed for 2023 NSFAS Application, NSFAS supporting documents & NSFAS Wallet.
NSFAS 2023 REQUIREMENTS
- Your own cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardians,s or spouse
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form.
- Combined household income of R350 000 or less per annum
- If you are living with a disability, you need to have a combined household income of R600 000 or less per annum
NSFAS-Funded students who qualify to receive allowances directly from NSFAS will receive cash funds in their NSFAS Wallets.
Your NSFAS Wallet will allow you to withdraw cash and/or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS. Allowance amounts are determined through consultation with institutions, and communicated to NSFAS when you register.
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores. Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO RECEIVE YOUR NSFAS ALLOWANCES VIA NSFAS WALLET?
• Your own cell phone and valid SIM card
• You must sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student to NSFAS
• You will not need to withdraw cash to pay your landlord or any registered merchant
How to get started (1st-time users)?
• Receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
• Verify your account by dialing *120*176# and reply with your ID number
• receive a password that you will use when transacting. Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times as anyone with access to your password may access or spend your money. It is advisable to log in to Celbux.appspot.com with your 5-digit password and update your password to something more secure and memorable.
• Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
Please note that only students studying at the following institutions receive their allowances through NSFAS Wallet:
- Capricorn TVET College
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Coastal KZN TVET College
- East Cape Midlands TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Flavius Mareka TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mopani South East TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgugundlovu TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
NSFAS BURSARY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
The following basic requirements must be met in order to apply for any of the NSFAS bursaries; applicants must:
- Be South African citizens
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the universities of their choice / have proof of registration or acceptance to said university
Once successfully awarded the bursary, students must pass all courses and complete the qualification within the minimum time frame prescribed by the particular university to avoid the risk of having to repay the bursary amount.
In some cases, bursars may be required to report their particular NSFAS bursary exam results in order to continue to receive funding.
All applications will require certified copies of the following:
- ID document
- Grade 12 results
- Parent/guardian’s ID and employment documents (salary slips/pensions slips if applicable/affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of university acceptance/registration
NSFAS BURSARY PACKAGE
Unless otherwise stated, the bursary fund will allow for a portion of, if not all of, the following study-related costs:
- Prescribed books/study material
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information don’t hesitate to Follow & Like Us on Facebook, Share and get NSFAS Latest update 2023.
However, if you have any questions regarding NSFAS Requirements 2023 Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it ASAP.