Software Developers Application, Requirements and Dates. See Full Details below
We are pleased to keep you updated about Software Developers at Cape Town, Requirements, Dates Eligibility and Alot more on this Educative Page.
Looking to work for a leading software development company, where you become part of something bigger.
Then Entelect Software is the company for you. You will become part of a team of ambitious, confident, motivated and smart people, who will inspire you to go further, to do more than you thought possible.
We believe that if we give you everything you need to be successful, you will be. That you will become more and do great things.
What we’ve worked on lately
- At Entelect, we’re working on more than 80 projects at any given time. Here are some to whet your appetite:
- Building loyalty platforms designed to drive consumer behaviour and help improve the health and wellness of South Africans.
- Designing and developing high-performance web applications that enable multinational organisations to track risks, including fraud and white collar crime, across the globe, in real time.
- Developing software for a surgical skill simulation portal that measures surgical skill proficiency; enabling trainee surgeons to practice, track and measure their skills remotely.
- Imagining, designing and implementing an Android app for an agricultural company to help agronomists and sales agents share valuable data in real time; optimising smart agriculture solutions in an industry that is highly susceptible to minor fluctuations in conditions.
- Helping one of South Africa’s largest vehicle fleet management companies accurately price project costs for hundreds of specialised vehicles, down to the cents per kilometre, to provide more competitive products to consumers.
- Developing reliable processes, visual dashboards and tracking tools to monitor the delivery of schoolbooks across South Africa.
- Learning and implementing complex tax and duty tracking tools that enable the world’s largest commodity traders to operate in multiple markets.
Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll actually be doing
- Joining a company with more than 16 years’ experience in software craftsmanship; a company known for hiring, continuously growing, and retaining the best people in the industry.
- Working with teams with a common goal: to solve complex business problems, to drive excellence and to make an impact, while pushing yourself and others to become more.
- Using your knowledge and experience to develop world-class, high-quality web and mobile applications for some of the country’s leading organisations.
- Getting involved in various parts of the SDLC – maybe having to do a bit of analysis, design and architecture work as part of your dev tasks.
- Looking at ways to improve the quality of the product we ship through the use of containerisation and continuous integration to create a well-oiled DevOps process.
- Researching cutting-edge technologies, and identifying ways to apply them into your project.
How you’ll do this
- By leaning on your arcane knowledge of software engineering wizardry: best practices, clean code, design patterns and principles.
- By working with the other master wizards and nijas in your team; training, learning and sharing knowledge to complete your quest.
- By understanding how the business and the technology can combine to add true value to your customer and project.
- By pushing the limits, asking questions and challenging preconceived notions of what’s possible. Because, at Entelect, we believe everything is possible.
- By being agile and planning properly, but being open and able to accommodate change when necessary. So you prioritise, you adjust and you get things done.
- By having access to everything you need to become the best at what you do: the facilities, resources and autonomy you need to become more.
What your typical day could look like
You arrive at the office and join your colleagues for the morning team coffee run, while discussing the social meet-up that’s happening tonight. You make a mental note to let your partner know that you’ll be out for dinner. That’s on us.
This morning’s stand up highlights a problem that a team member is facing. You volunteer to help them out. An hour of pair programming later, your team member is on the right track meaning you can move onto that other big ticket item you’ve been designing in your head for the past few days.
You put your headphones on and set about coding your design into a reality. After seeing that your unit tests pass, you commit and push…and watch in anticipation as the build monitor lets you know that it’s been deployed. Awesome!
Before grabbing lunch, you get side-tracked by a debate taking place in another squad. You add your two cents, biased because you love Facebook and care less about the weird licencing. High fives and back pats all round. Good job!
You have 20 minutes free before your demo, so you decide to knock off some technical debt. You spend the next hour having a successful demo with the customer and then rush off to a training session on A-B testing. With a happy customer and having learnt something new, you stop by the bar for a beer with your colleagues while deciding whether to stay for this evening’s LAN or head straight home.
Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be too.
Desired Experience & Qualification
What we need from you
- A bachelor’s degree in IT or Sciences (BSc, BIS, BEng or BCom) is non-negotiable
- A passion for delivering well-crafted solutions, systems and services that make an impact for your client.
- The ability to build applications within an enterprise environment.
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- Commitment to building software using clean code and industry best practices.
- A hunger to continually improve by constantly evolving and adapting your skills.
- A desire to embrace a challenge and be driven by excellence.
- The ability to collaborate and bring your unique contributions to a team environment.
- A passion to build strong relationships and a great career.
- A friendly outlook.
Package & Remuneration
What you’ll get from us
- Exposure to the best technologies and cool projects.
- Quarterly performance reviews to assist you in achieving your career goals, bi-annual performance-based salary increases, as well as an annual company performance-based bonus.
- Exposure to Entelect’s in-house continuous development programmes, offering training on everything from leadership to deep technical skills, to empower you to become more.
- Participation in our “1Up” rewards programme, where you’ll receive rewards for doing cool things, like attending training events, social functions or for doing a good job.
- Competitive package, including a variety of commission incentives and bonus structures.
Please note the following: Due to the sensitivity of the data and systems we work with, we will require candidates to undergo a Credit and Criminal check should you proceed to the offer stage.
Sound good? Then please visit Entelect’s website and apply.